The symbol of Rome, a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1990 and included, in 2007, among the 7 wonders of the world, the Colosseum is the most visited and most famous Italian monument in the world and this is the best time to go and visit it.
Not only for the pleasant climate of Rome at this time of the year (the typical “Roman October” is coming with sunny days and mild temperatures) but above all for the few tourists present in Rome at this time.
In this way you can avoid the long queues at the entrance and the large number of people inside, and enjoy the visit of the Colosseum, the Roman Forum and the Palatine Hill without too many peole.
The ticket for the Colosseum in fact also allows the visit to the Roman Forum and the Palatine Hill and you can choose between:
- Ordinary ticket , valid 24 hours from the visit to the Colosseum
- the “Full Experience” ticket with a guided tour of the Colosseum underground
- Colosseum Under the Moon: VIP Night Tour with Underground and Arena Access
If in addition to the Colosseum you want to visit some other wonders of Rome such as the Vatican Museums, the Pantheon, the Borghese Gallery, etc. it’s worth taking these packages in which, to the ordinary ticket for the Colosseum, a ticket for one of the other museums in Rome is added, all with a small discount.
It is therefore possible to buy:
- Special Duo: Colosseum (Roman Forum – Palatine Hill) + Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel
- Colosseo (Roman Forum – Palatine Hill) + Galleria Borghese
- Colosseum (Roman Forum – Palatine Hill) + Guided tour at the Pantheon
- Colosseum (Roman Forum – Palatine Hill) + Tour by minibus to the Vatican Gardens
- Colosseum (Roman Forum – Palatine Hill ) + Entrance and picnic to the Papal Gardens of Castel Gandolfo
If, on the other hand, you want to make an even more complete visit of the Colosseum and know how the fighting was organized inside the amphitheater or what daily life was like in the Roman Forum or the imperial palaces on the Palatine, you can choose one of these tour lasting about 3 hours:
- Colosseum and Roman Forum guided tour
- Tour Colosseum with Arena Floor, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
- Arena and Underground Tour of the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill