From this year the days change to free admission and, especially starting from April, there will no longer be the classic first Sunday of the month with free admission.
For the Colosseum in particular there will be a total of twenty days with free admission in 2019: in addition to the 12 days decided by the Ministry of Culture divided between the 6 days of the last Culture Week (from 5 to 10 March), and from the first 6 Sundays of the low season months January, February, March, October, November and December, there are the following 8 days decided by the direction of the Archaeological Park of the Colosseum:
- May 9th, for the world day of victims of terrorism
- June 5, for World Environment Day
- June 29th, for the feast of St. Peter and Paul
- September 23, for the birth of Emperor Augustus
- October 4th, for Peace Day
- November 4, for the celebration of national unity
- November 22nd, for the world day of philosophy
- December 18th, for the international day of migrants
We remind you that, in addition to the Colosseum, the Colosseum Park also includes the Roman Forum, the Palatine Hill and the Domus Aurea, which will therefore enjoy free admission in those days.