During the next Christmas holidays the Colosseum will be open every day from 8.30 am to 4.30 pm, with the last entry at 3.30 pm.
It will be closed only on Christmas Day, December 25th and January 1st 2020 while on December 18th, International Day of Migrants, the Colosseum will be free for everyone.
There are various ways to visit the archaeological area of the Colosseum, Roman Forum, Palatine Hill:
- Standard Ticket which allows access to the ground floor and first floor of the Colosseum at the time chosen for booking and free access to the Roman-Palatine Forum
Skip the Line Ticket
Priority Ticket with Mamertine Prison access
- Arena Floor, to access the arena as well as the first two floors of the Colosseum and the Roman Forum, Palatine as foreseen by the standard ticket
Priority Ticket with small group tour
- Underground and Arena , with a guided tour that will take you to the Colosseum areas not included in the standard ticket
- Colosseum Underground Tours by night, which starting from the Capitol will allow you to enter the Colosseum after closing time when there are very few people.
Info & booking
- Virtual Reality , with a tour in autonomy thanks to 3D reconstructions with an integrated audio commentary Info & Booking
- Colosseum + Vatican , with a tour of more than 6 hours that in addition to the Salta Coda entrance to the Colosseum, the Roman Forum and the Palatine Hill also includes a guided tour of the Vatican Museums and St. Peter’s Basilica. Info & Booking